Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.11-12.4.a
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Use context (e.g., the overall meaning of a sentence, paragraph, or text; a word’s position or function in a sentence) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- In this unit, students read and analyze two texts that explore issues of agency and identity for women in America. Students begin by reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady...
- In the first unit of Module 11.2, students analyze two seminal texts about African Americans in post-Emancipation America. Students begin this unit by reading "Of Our Spiritual Strivings," the first...
- In this unit, students engage with Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own, continuing to build skills for close reading and analysis of nonfiction as well developing their ability to identify and...
- In this unit, students continue to develop skills, practices, and routines that will be used on a regular basis in the English Language Arts classroom throughout the year: close reading, annotating...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading, annotating text, and evidence-based discussion and writing, especially through text-...