Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.3
- Knowledge of Language
- State Standard:
- Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
- First-Person Writing Using Vivid and Precise Words Bullfrog at Magnolia Circle continues to serve as a model, or mentor text, for students. Using mentor texts plays an essential part in any literacy...
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- CULMINATING PROJECT: FREAKY FROG TRADING CARDS In this final unit, students will continue to explore the question: “How do we build expertise about a topic?” as they share their growing expertise...
- END OF UNIT ASSESSMENT: ON-DEMAND INFORMATIONAL PARAGRAPH ABOUT HOW THE POISON DART FROG SURVIVES In this lesson, students practice their fluency skills by performing their freaky frog poem aloud to...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- ON-DEMAND ASSESSMENT: WRITING AN INFORMATIONAL PARAGRAPH ABOUT HOW A BULLFROG SURVIVES This lesson is the first formal writing in Module 2. Emphasize to the class that writing is more than just...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...
- Please Note: The central text for Grade 3 module 2A, Bullfrog at Magnolia Circle, is currently available and in stock from American Reading Company (http://www.americanreading.com/), which has...