Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.4
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning word and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF THANK YOU, MR. FALKER: TEXT DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VOCABULARY Students will need materials from Lesson 9: Excerpts from Thank You, Mr. Falker (student copy), anchor chart...
- In this second unit, students will explore their own “powers of reading” that help them access text. In the first half of the unit, students will explore fictional accounts of people who worked hard...
- Students will need materials from Lesson 9: Excerpts from That Book Woman student copy and their Close Read recording forms.
- This lesson follows part 2 of the close reading cycle, which students were introduced to in Lesson 3 (with Rain School). Review that lesson.
- During work time today, introduce the importance of specific skills during collaborative discussions, and then begin listening to students’ discussion skills and using the Conversation Criteria...
- This module uses literature and informational text such as My Librarian Is a Camel to introduce students to the power of literacy and how people around the world access books. This module is...