Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.6
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships (e.g., After dinner that night we went looking for them).
- In this unit, students begin reading a classic piece of literature to build their understanding of how writers craft stories that capture a reader’s imagination. Students will begin their study of...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...