Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.3.6
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships (e.g., After dinner that night we went looking for them).
- In this unit, students begin reading a classic piece of literature to build their understanding of how writers craft stories that capture a reader’s imagination. Students will begin their study of...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGE 32 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS, MAIN IDEAS, AND KEY VOCABULARY ABOUT THE BULLFROG Though it follows a somewhat similar structure to...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGES 8–11 AND 16-25 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VIVID WORDS AND PHRASES Students will need materials from Lesson 4: Bullfrog at Magnolia...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGES 4–7 AND 12-15 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VIVID WORDS AND PHRASES This lesson introduces a new kinesthetic vocabulary activity (see...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...
- Please Note: The central text for Grade 3 module 2A, Bullfrog at Magnolia Circle, is currently available and in stock from American Reading Company (http://www.americanreading.com/), which has...
- MID-UNIT 2 ASSESSMENT: ON-DEMAND INFORMATIONAL WRITING Copy the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment writing prompt for each student. Students will need their completed Accordion graphic organizers (from Lesson 6).
- This module uses literature and informational text such as My Librarian Is a Camel to introduce students to the power of literacy and how people around the world access books. This module is...