Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.4.2.d
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Spell grade-appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed.
- Unit 3: Researching a Selected Poet and Writing a Biographical Essay In this unit, students are introduced to biographies with the text A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, by Jen...
- In the third unit, students apply what they have learned about the American Revolution and perspectives in order to complete their performance task, a broadside convincing someone to be a Patriot.
- In this assessment students have 45 minutes to plan and write Choice #2 of their choose-your-own-adventure animal defense mechanisms narratives based on the assessment prompt.
- In this lesson, students read each other’s narratives to identify issues with conventions (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and dialogue). Students just note mistakes as they edit; they do not...
- This lesson focuses on helping students edit their informative piece drafts for conventions. In particular, they focus on spelling, capitalization, and homophones.
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...