Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.4.3
- Knowledge of Language
- State Standard:
- Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
- End of Unit Assessment, Part 2: Revising Poet Essays Based on Feedback
- Revising for Linking Words and Vocabulary: Revising and Critiquing to Improve Our Poet Essays
- In this lesson, students read one another’s editorials to identify issues with writing conventions.
- In this lesson the class helps the teacher to revise the introductions of the Model Wedge Editorial (see supporting materials) for use of scientifically accurate vocabulary.
- Reviewing Conventions and Editing Peers’ Broadsides
- This lesson is largely dependent upon students having access to a computer, an online dictionary, and a printer.
- In this assessment students have 45 minutes to plan and write Choice #2 of their choose-your-own-adventure animal defense mechanisms narratives based on the assessment prompt.
- In this lesson, students read each other’s narratives to identify issues with conventions (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and dialogue). Students just note mistakes as they edit; they do not...
- This is the second of a sequence of three lessons focused on revising the choose-your-own-adventure narratives. Students again use colored pencils to make revision notes and revisions.
- This lesson begins with a read-aloud of the About Your Adventure page in Can You Survive the Wilderness? Students record what they notice and wonder about the structure and information shared on this...
- In this lesson, students begin revising the informative page for their performance task. They should have completed their drafts for homework after Lesson 9; if they have not completed their drafts,...
- Publishing Historical Fiction Narratives In this lesson student use a computer to correct edits and add revisions as they publish their final narrative for their performance task.
- Reviewing Conventions and Editing Peers’ Work In this lesson students review 4th grade appropriate (spelling, capitalization, punctuation, dialogue) conventions and edit their drafts with peers for...