Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.4.4
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- Unit 3 expands on the conversation around symbolism and culture begun in Unit 1 to incorporate global perspectives. Students listen to, view, and close read informational texts regarding the...
- In Unit 1, students are asked to infer the topic of their research for this module by sorting various pictures of simple machines and their everyday use. Students start by sorting these “Mystery...
- In this unit, students read the play Divided Loyalties, by Gare Thompson, to dig deeper into the perspectives of Patriots and Loyalists.
- In this second unit, students research their expert group animal and its defense mechanisms. Close reading of informational texts about their expert group animal will prepare students for the mid-...