Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.4.4.a
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Use context (e.g., definitions, examples, or restatements in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- In this unit, students read the play Divided Loyalties, by Gare Thompson, to dig deeper into the perspectives of Patriots and Loyalists.
- In this second unit, students research their expert group animal and its defense mechanisms. Close reading of informational texts about their expert group animal will prepare students for the mid-...
- In this lesson, students complete the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment. The texts and note-catchers used in the assessment will be used again by students in the End of Unit 2 Assessment. This mid-unit...
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...
- In this module, students engage in reading, writing, listening, and speaking to build knowledge of simple machines and how they impact force, effort, and work.