Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.4.5
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- End of Unit Assessment: Reading and Analyzing a New Poem
- Poetry Workshop: Writing an Inspired Poem for the Performance Task
- Reading and Analyzing New Poems: Selected Poets
- Unit 2: Writing to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students apply what they have learned in Unit 1 to further explore poetry through writing. Students begin the unit with a shared writing experience...
- Comparing Media: The Talking Drums of Mali
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Reading and Answering Questions about a New Chapter of The Hope Chest
- Analyzing Descriptive Language: The Hope Chest, Chapters 1–3
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...