Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: L.7.6
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- State Standard:
- Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- Working with Evidence: Working Conditions Then and Now In this module, students explore the issue of working conditions, both historical and modern day. As they read and discuss both literary and...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...
- This lesson begins the scaffolding toward writing a draft of the position paper, a type of argument essay that will be the Mid-Unit 3 Assessment in Lesson 5. Students must be able to write a clear...
- In this lesson students will begin to look at the NYS Grade 6–8 Expository Writing Evaluation rubric, which will be used to assess the drafts and final copies of their essays.
- In this lesson students analyze the model essay to learn about how details are used to support a claim.
- In this lesson students begin to select evidence for supporting the claim in their essays in order to plan the body paragraphs for their essays.
- In this lesson students complete the first part of their end of unit assessment by writing their planned body paragraphs.
- In this lesson students complete the next part of their end of unit assessment by writing their introduction and conclusion paragraphs for their literary analysis.
- In this lesson students complete their end of unit assessment by revising their literary analysis essays based on teacher feedback.
- This lesson begins the scaffolding toward writing a draft of the position paper, a type of argument essay that will be the Mid-Unit 3 Assessment in Lesson 5. It is important for students to be able...
- This is the first lesson in Unit 3. As noted in the introduction, AIR provides scaffolding differentiated for ELL/MLL students at the Entering (EN), Emerging (EM), Transitioning (TR), and Expanding (...