Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: L.9-10.1.b
- Conventions of Standard English
- State Standard:
- Use various types of phrases (noun, verb, adjectival, adverbial, participial, prepositional, absolute) and clauses (independent, dependent; noun, relative, adverbial) to convey specific meanings and add variety and interest to writing or presentations.
- In this End-of-Unit Assessment, students craft a formal, multi-paragraph essay presenting an argument in response to the question of which character bears the most responsibility for the tragedy of...
- Mid-Unit Assessment: students use textual evidence from Acts 1–2 of Shakespeare’s Macbeth to craft a formal, multi-paragraph essay in response to the following prompt: How do Shakespeare’s structural...
- Students develop these close reading skills as they examine Shakespeare’s Macbeth. They also continue to develop their oral presentation and argument writing skills through a series of activities...
- Students complete their End-of-Unit Assessment, relying on their reading and analysis of “Death of a Pig” to respond to the following prompt: How does White develop the idea “once in a while...
- Students review the structure of an explanatory essay in preparation for the End-of-Unit Assessment in the following lesson. Students also evaluate White’s “Death of a Pig,” considering his use of...
- Students read E. B. White’s personal essay “Death of a Pig.” Students analyze how White unfolds and draws connections between key events and ideas in the text while developing and refining his...
- "Mid-Unit Assessment: Students prepare and present an analysis of how Amy Tan develops and refines a central idea in the chapter “Two Kinds.” Students work in small groups to collaboratively craft a...
- "In this lesson, studentscontinue to revise and edit their argument essays. Students review grammatical conventions established in 9.3 and receive direct instruction on parallel structure and the...
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.
- In Module 10.1, students engage with literature and nonfiction texts and explore how complex characters develop through their interactions with each other, and how these interactions develop central...