Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: R.6-12.5
- 6-12 College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze the structure of texts, including how specific sentences, paragraphs, and larger portions of the text (e.g., a section, chapter, scene, or stanza) relate to each other and the whole.
- "In this lesson, students explore how Raleigh draws upon and transforms Marlowe’s poem through explicit comparison of the two texts. Students’ analysis focuses on structural choices, to develop an...
- "In this lesson, students engage in a collaborative analysis of the speaker’s promises, with a focus on Marlowe’s pastoral imagery and the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and...
- "In this lesson, students begin their exploration of Christopher Marlowe’s iconic pastoral poem “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love,” in which a Shepherd invites his love to come live with him in...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to many of the foundational skills, practices, and routines that they build upon and strengthen throughout the unit: close reading, annotating...
- In Module 10.1, students engage with literature and nonfiction texts and explore how complex characters develop through their interactions with each other, and how these interactions develop central...