Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.3.2
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- In this unit, students build their background knowledge about where water is found on earth and the movement of water through the water cycle and the physical landscape. Students will consider the...
- In this unit, students continue their study of the wolf, this time by reading the informational text Face to Face with Wolves. Students use this text to research facts about real wolves for writing...
- In Unit 2, students continue to develop their skills through careful reading of both literary and informational texts. Class members extend their expertise of learning about culture beyond Japan and...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...
- In this unit, students will explore how geography impacts readers’ access to books. All instruction in this unit builds toward the final performance task for the module: an informative “Accessing...