Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.3.3
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
- Comparing and Contrasting: Finding the Similarities and Differences between Two Texts about the Water Cycle
- In this lesson, students practice independent writing about the country they researched in Unit 2. Students will need access to recording forms from Unit 2.
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TWO TEXTS ABOUT POISON DART FROGS: EGGS AND TADPOLES This lesson repeats the pattern from Lesson 10.
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TWO TEXTS ABOUT POISON DART FROGS: LEGS AND TOES This lesson repeats the pattern from Lesson 10: Students again compare and contrast two sections of text about the poison...
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TWO TEXTS ABOUT POISON DART FROGS: POISON! This lesson is the first of three in a series in which students compare and contrast sections of two texts about the poison dart...
- ASKING AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS: READING ABOUT A FROG’S HABITAT This lesson gives students an authentic opportunity to practice the skill of skimming for information efficiently. Students are guided...
- ASKING AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS: STUDYING THE SKIN OF A FROG In the previous lesson, students worked in pairs to complete their recording forms. They do so again today. Consider whether to keep the...
- ASKING AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS: STUDYING THE LIFE CYCLE OF A FROG Lessons 3, 4, and 5 follow the same general instructional sequence. Each day, students build their reading skills by asking questions...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGE 32 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS, MAIN IDEAS, AND KEY VOCABULARY ABOUT THE BULLFROG Though it follows a somewhat similar structure to...
- MID-UNIT ASSESSMENT: CLOSE READING OF PAGES 26–31 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: BULLFROG LIFE CYCLE In this lesson, students independently apply the close reading skills they have been building in...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGES 8–11 AND 16-25 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VIVID WORDS AND PHRASES Students will need materials from Lesson 4: Bullfrog at Magnolia...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGES 4–7 AND 12-15 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VIVID WORDS AND PHRASES This lesson introduces a new kinesthetic vocabulary activity (see...