Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.3.3
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Connecting Literary and Informational Texts to Study Culture “Then and Now” In this module, students will use literacy skills to build expertise—...
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGE 32 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS, MAIN IDEAS, AND KEY VOCABULARY ABOUT THE BULLFROG Though it follows a somewhat similar structure to...
- MID-UNIT ASSESSMENT: CLOSE READING OF PAGES 26–31 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: BULLFROG LIFE CYCLE In this lesson, students independently apply the close reading skills they have been building in...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGES 8–11 AND 16-25 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VIVID WORDS AND PHRASES Students will need materials from Lesson 4: Bullfrog at Magnolia...
- CONTINUED CLOSE READING OF PAGES 4–7 AND 12-15 OF BULLFROG AT MAGNOLIA CIRCLE: TEXT-DEPENDENT QUESTIONS AND VIVID WORDS AND PHRASES This lesson introduces a new kinesthetic vocabulary activity (see...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...
- Please Note: The central text for Grade 3 module 2A, Bullfrog at Magnolia Circle, is currently available and in stock from American Reading Company (http://www.americanreading.com/), which has...