Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.4.2
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...
- In this module, students engage in reading, writing, listening, and speaking to build knowledge of simple machines and how they impact force, effort, and work.
- END OF UNIT 2 ASSESSMENT: WORKING WITH TWO TEXTS—READING, LISTENING, SUMMARIZING, AND SYNTHESIZING This test will assess students on the following learning targets: “I can gather and sort information...
- SUMMARIZING AND SYNTHESIZING: PLANNING FOR WRITING AN APPRENTICE WANTED AD This lesson is the first of two lessons that build up to students’ Apprentice Wanted ads. Be sure that students understand...
- RESEARCHING AND NOTE-TAKING: BUILDING EXPERTISE ABOUT A COLONIAL TRADE In this lesson, students continue their research in smaller expert groups. The knowledge students will build about their...
- RESEARCHING AND NOTE-TAKING: BECOMING AN EXPERT ON A COLONIAL TRADE In this lesson, students formally launch their research in expert groups. The knowledge students will build about their particular...
- RESEARCH: IDENTIFYING CATEGORIES FOR OUR RESEARCH ABOUT THE WHEELWRIGHT Students read a text about the wheelwright in this lesson. They then reread this same text again in Lesson 6 and practice...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: COLONIAL CRAFTSPEOPLE The purpose of this lesson is simply for students to observe closely. It is fine if they cannot identify all the objects or know what they were...
- CASE STUDY: CONDUCTING RESEARCH ON COLONIAL AMERICANS In the second unit, students further develop their ability to comprehend informational text by hearing and reading a variety of nonfiction...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Interdependent Roles in Colonial Times Students learn about what life was like in Colonial America. They go on to study the many roles people...