Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.4.3
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- Unit 3: Researching a Selected Poet and Writing a Biographical Essay In this unit, students are introduced to biographies with the text A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, by Jen...
- In the second unit, students read an informational text to deepen their knowledge of the Haudenosaunee with a focus on determining main ideas and supporting details, notetaking, using context clues...
- In Unit 1, students will read and listen closely to interpret main ideas and thematic connections between visual imagery (symbols and graphics), oral tradition (Haudenosaunee video) and diverse...
- In Unit 2 students read the extended science text Simple Machines: Forces in Action by Buffy Silverman (870L) to learn about simple machines while also examining the structure and text features of...
- In Unit 1, students are asked to infer the topic of their research for this module by sorting various pictures of simple machines and their everyday use. Students start by sorting these “Mystery...
- In this unit, students will explore colonial perspectives on the Revolutionary War. Students will read and analyze short informational texts and primary source documents to build background knowledge...