Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.4.3
- Reading Standards for Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- This is the first lesson in the Unit 1. As noted in the introduction, AIR provides scaffolding differentiated for ELL students at the entering (EN), emerging (EM), transitioning (TR), and expanding (...
- In the second unit, students read an informational text to deepen their knowledge of the Haudenosaunee with a focus on determining main ideas and supporting details, notetaking, using context clues...
- Reading Closely: Haudenosaunee Thanksgiving Address
- Practicing Listening and Reading Closely: The Haudenosaunee Thanksgiving Address
- In this lesson, the class divides into two experiment groups. Each group conducts a different experiment—one on the pulley and one on the wheel and axle.
- Mid-Unit 1 Assessment: Finding the Main Idea of a Scientific Text, Introduction to Science Talks
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Interdependent Roles in Colonial Times Students learn about what life was like in Colonial America. They go on to study the many roles people...