Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.4.9
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Unit 3: Researching a Selected Poet and Writing a Biographical Essay In this unit, students are introduced to biographies with the text A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, by Jen...
- Connecting Two Informational Texts on a Similar Topic
- In this unit, students will be introduced to their performance task for this module, a Public Service Announcement (PSA) about the importance of voting. This unit connects students’ study of the...
- In this second unit, students research their expert group animal and its defense mechanisms. Close reading of informational texts about their expert group animal will prepare students for the mid-...
- In this eight-week module, students explore animal defense mechanisms. They build proficiency in writing an informative piece, examining the defense mechanisms of one specific animal about which they...
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...
- PARAGRAPH WRITING: THE ROLE OF RELIGION IN COLONIAL AMERICA This lesson builds on students’ background knowledge with writing strong paragraphs that they developed during Module 1. For their writing...