Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.2
- Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
- In the second unit of this module, students will complete a close read of the book Promises to Keep: How Jackie Robinson Changed America, by Sharon Robinson. As the author (Jackie Robinson’s daughter...
- In this brief unit, students will build their background knowledge about the importance of sports within the American culture over time. They will read two informational articles: “It’s Not Just a...
- In Unit 2, students continue to build their reading and writing skills as well as their understanding of how new or improved technologies are developed to meet the needs of society, through a case...
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...
- CASE STUDY: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOF IN THE WORLD AND THE WORK OF RAINFOREST SCIENTIST MEG LOWMAN In this unit students will continue to build new reading skills and learn about the process scientists...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE ON HUMAN RIGHTS What are human rights? Why do we have them and how are they protected? This unit is designed to help students build knowledge about these questions while...