Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.4
- Reading Informational
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- End of Unit Assessment: “The Inuit Today”
- Synthesizing Text Details to Explain Relationships: “Medicine and Healing”
- Determining Main Ideas and Details to Write a Summary Paragraph: “Food”
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Text-Dependent and Short Answer Questions: “Arctic Fun”
- Final Performance Task: Presenting Graphic Novelettes
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Text-Dependent Questions about “The TV Guy”
- MID-UNIT ASSESSMENT: TEXT-DEPENDENT SHORT ANSWER QUIZ
- CASE STUDY: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOF IN THE WORLD AND THE WORK OF RAINFOREST SCIENTIST MEG LOWMAN In this unit students will continue to build new reading skills and learn about the process scientists...
- READING AN INTERVIEW: “SLOTH CANOPY RESEARCHER: BRYSON VOIRIN” In this lesson students set up their glossaries at the back of their journal. This is in effect a vocabulary notebook for the module....
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- Close Reading: The Introduction to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights This lesson reinforces the vocabulary work from Lesson 3, and introduces a new vocabulary strategy: using morphology (word...