Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.4
- Reading Informational
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- Researching about the Red Cross, Continued: Who Is the Red Cross and What Does This Multinational Organization Do?
- Students once again practice the skill of paraphrasing and recording the opinion they identify from a new page of the text in Promises to Keep.
- Final Performance Task: Presenting Graphic Novelettes
- End of Unit Assessment, Part 1: Text-Dependent Questions and Storyboard Draft: “You Can Do a Graphic Novel” Excerpt
- Mid-Unit Assessment: On-Demand Note-taking and Text-Dependent Questions
- Expert Research Groups: How the Traffic Signal and Airplane Met Society’s Needs, Part 3
- Expert Research Groups: How the Traffic Signal and Airplane Met Society’s Needs, Part 2
- Expert Research Groups: How the Traffic Signal and Airplane Met Society’s Needs, Part 1
- End of Unit Assessment: Using Quotes to Explain Relationships and Support an Opinion
- Using Quotes and Opinion Writing: Ingenious Inventions by Women
- CASE STUDY: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOF IN THE WORLD AND THE WORK OF RAINFOREST SCIENTIST MEG LOWMAN In this unit students will continue to build new reading skills and learn about the process scientists...
- END-OF-UNIT 1 ASSESSMENT: COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TEXTS ABOUT BIODIVERSITY IN THE RAINFOREST In this lesson, students formally self-reflect on learning targets for the second time.
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...