Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.7
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Inventions That Changed People’s Lives In this eight-week module, students learn about new or improved technologies that have been developed to...
- Mid-Unit 3 Assessment, Part II: Organizing Notes for a Public Speech
- Mid-Unit 3 Assessment, Part I: Short Constructed Response and Organizing Notes for a Public Speech
- Mid-Unit Assessment: On-Demand Note-taking and Text-Dependent Questions
- Expert Research Groups: How the Traffic Signal and Airplane Met Society’s Needs, Part 3
- In this assessment students research a new animal and write an on-demand narrative field journal entry.
- In this assessment students demonstrate their research skills through taking notes from a new text.
- In this lesson students continue to research their insect collecting additional information by taking notes as they watch documentary videos about their insect.
- In this lesson students continue to build research skills by learning how to quote text directly, paraphrase, and sort and categorize the information in their notes.
- In this lesson students learn how scientists document and reflect on their learning in the field using field journals. This introduces them to the features of writing that will be required for their...
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...