Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.9
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- In this unit, students choose to research about either Roberto Clemente or Althea Gibson: two respected American sports figures. Students will develop their understanding of the cultural context in...
- In this third unit, students will return to the genre of the graphic novel, reviewing the elements that make this type of work uniquely suited to conveying an author’s complex ideas in an engaging...
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE ON HUMAN RIGHTS What are human rights? Why do we have them and how are they protected? This unit is designed to help students build knowledge about these questions while...