Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.5.9
- Reading Informational
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- END-OF-UNIT 1 ASSESSMENT: COMPARING AND CONTRASTING TEXTS ABOUT BIODIVERSITY IN THE RAINFOREST In this lesson, students formally self-reflect on learning targets for the second time.
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- NARRATIVES AS THEATER, PART I: WHAT IS READERS THEATER? Students spent all of Unit 2 reading Esperanza Rising: First draft reading of all chapters for homework and more careful study of specific...
- End of Unit 1 Assessment: On-Demand Analysis of a Human Rights Account "From Kosovo to the United States” is a challenging text. Consider having ELLs or struggling readers read through section 1 (...
- Main Ideas in Informational Text: Analyzing a Firsthand Human Rights Account for Connections to Specific Articles of the UDHR In this lesson students continue to work with the firsthand account they...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE ON HUMAN RIGHTS What are human rights? Why do we have them and how are they protected? This unit is designed to help students build knowledge about these questions while...