Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RI.7.3
- Reading Informational
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Analyze the interactions between individuals, events, and ideas in a text (e.g., how ideas influence individuals or events, or how individuals influence ideas or events).
- This lesson includes the End of Unit 2 Assessment, which assesses RI.7.2 (except for writing an objective summary), RI.7.3, and RI.7.5. • In the new Chávez speech that students read for this...
- • In this lesson, students focus on Paragraphs 16–21. They analyze how this section of the speech contributes to César Chávez’s central claim. In order to hold their thinking about this question,...
- This lesson includes the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment, which assesses RI.7.2 (except writing an objective summary), RI.7.3, and RI.7.5. When you grade this, only mark answers correct or incorrect; do not...
- In this lesson, students are introduced to the guiding question of Unit 2: Who changes working conditions? The students will think about this individually, in groups, and as a class. Students will...
- This is the first lesson in a full unit arc that scaffolds background knowledge, research skills, and note-taking toward a final product in which students will write about and present a position on...
- This lesson introduces the text The Big Thirst, which students will work with across Units 1 and 2.
- This lesson begins the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment. The assessment is given in two parts and spans Lessons 11 and 12. To help students reach mastery of these standards, they independently complete a...
- This is the first lesson in a full unit arc that scaffolds background knowledge, research skills, and note-taking toward a final written argument in which students will present a position on whether...
- End of Unit Assessment:
- Drawing Inferences: “My Own True Name”
- Mid-Unit 1 Assessment:
- Analyzing the Central Ideas, Part 1: “The Border”
- Defining Key Terms: Gender and Internal Identity