Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.11-12.6
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze a case in which grasping a point of view requires distinguishing what is directly stated in a text from what is really meant (e.g., satire, sarcasm, irony, or understatement).
- In this unit, students read and analyze two texts that explore issues of agency and identity for women in America. Students begin by reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady...
- In the first unit of Module 11.2, students analyze two seminal texts about African Americans in post-Emancipation America. Students begin this unit by reading "Of Our Spiritual Strivings," the first...
- In this unit, students continue to develop skills, practices, and routines that will be used on a regular basis in the English Language Arts classroom throughout the year: close reading, annotating...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading, annotating text, and evidence-based discussion and writing, especially through text-...
- Overview The Grades 9-12 Making EBC about Literary Technique Units adapt the Making EBC Framework for teaching claim-making about the effects of authorial choice and craft on the meaning of literary...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...