Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.1.5
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types.
- The decodable Reader for Unit 3 is called "Fables." It is comprised of decodable versions of famous fables, most of which are originally attributable to the ancient Greek storyteller, Aesop. The...
- In Unit 3, the teacher will work with a Big Book to engage students in the reading process. Students will also independently read in the Student Readers in this unit, so the Big Book will serve as a...
- This Unit 4 Teacher Guide contains background information and resources that the teacher will need to implement Unit 4, including an alignment chart between this unit and the Common Core State...
- This Unit 4 Workbook contains worksheets which accompany many of the lessons from the teacher guide for Unit 4.
- The decodable Reader for Unit 4 is "The Green Fern Zoo." In this reader, the main character, Vern, introduces students to many different types of animals. While Vern is a fictional character, the...
- This English Language Arts Common Core video features first grade students from LP Quinn Elementary School located in Tupper Lake, NY. This lesson demonstrates focus standard RL1.3: Describe...