Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.3.1
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- In this first unit, students read folktales and fables to learn about and describe how the character of the wolf is depicted through traditional narratives.
- In this final unit, students continue to explore the question: “How do authors learn and share their knowledge on a topic?” Students also expand their expertise as writers by crafting a research-...
- In Unit 2, students continue to develop their skills through careful reading of both literary and informational texts. Class members extend their expertise of learning about culture beyond Japan and...
- During this unit, students will use a variety of recording forms to respond to their reading and develop vocabulary. Consider developing a workable organization system to help students keep track of...
- In this second unit, students will explore their own “powers of reading” that help them access text. In the first half of the unit, students will explore fictional accounts of people who worked hard...
- In this first unit, students will explore the question: “Why do people seek the power of reading?” Through the study of literature, literary nonfiction, and informational articles from around the...