Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RL.3.2
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
- In this unit, students will apply their careful reading of Peter Pan to write about the book. Students first will practice summary writing and write a brief summary of the Classic Starts edition of...
- In this first unit, students read folktales and fables to learn about and describe how the character of the wolf is depicted through traditional narratives.
- In this final unit, students continue to explore the question: “How do authors learn and share their knowledge on a topic?” Students also expand their expertise as writers by crafting a research-...
- In this second unit, students will explore their own “powers of reading” that help them access text. In the first half of the unit, students will explore fictional accounts of people who worked hard...
- In this first unit, students will explore the question: “Why do people seek the power of reading?” Through the study of literature, literary nonfiction, and informational articles from around the...