Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.4.7
- Reading Literature
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral presentation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text.
- In Unit 2, students read The Hope Chest by Karen Schwabach. This novel is a piece of historical fiction set in 1920 during the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women in the United States the...
- End of Unit Assessment, Part I: Reading and Answering Questions about Characters and Theme
- Summarizing The Hope Chest Chapters 7–11 and Interpreting and Creating Cover Art
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...