Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.5.6
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are described.
- Reading about the Author’s Perspective: Why Do Authors Write about Natural Disasters?
- Mid-Unit Assessment: Analyzing a New Narrative about a Natural Disaster, Part II
- Mid-Unit 2 Assessment: Analyzing a New Narrative about a Natural Disaster, Part I
- Analyzing Point of View: Inferring about the Impact of Hurricane Katrina on People Living in New Orleans
- Analyzing Point of View: Inferring about the Natural Disaster in Eight Days
- A RAINFOREST FOLKTALE: DETERMINING THE MESSAGE OF “THE WINGS OF THE BUTTERFLY,” A TUKUNA PEOPLE TALE The folk tale is read aloud in order for students to enjoy the flow of the story. This lesson...
- MID-UNIT ASSESSMENT: EVALUATING A NOVEL VERSUS A SCRIPT In advance: Make student notes and anchor charts from Lessons 1–3 (available for student reference during the assessment).
- GATHERING EVIDENCE AND DRAFTING A TWO-VOICE POEM (CHAPTER 13: “LOS DURAZNOS/PEACHES”) During Lessons 13 and 14, students work with the last two chapters of the novel, but with less teacher support....