Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: RL.7.6
- Reading Literature
- Craft and Structure
- State Standard:
- Analyze how an author develops and contrasts the points of view of different characters or narrators in a text.
- In this lesson students are introduced to the concept of juxtaposition through analysis of characters in the novel.
- This unit is the culmination of the study of Linda Sue Park’s novel A Long Walk to Water and informational texts about Southern Sudan in Units 1 and 2. Students will be pulling textual evidence from...
- In this lesson students read a model poem focusing on how the author of the poem used evidence.
- In this assessment students plan their two-voice poem.
- In this lesson students analyze point of view by considering how comparing and contrasting Salva’s and Nya’s experiences allows Park to show what factors enabled survival in Sudan.
- In this lesson students are introduced to their performance task for the module, a two voice poem, in order to give the teacher time to give students feedback on their literary analysis essays.
- In this lesson students use a text based discussion protocol to analyze theme and characters in the novel.
- In this lesson students use a text-based discussion protocol to revisit chapters 1-5 in the novel and discuss points of view.
- In this assessment students gather evidence to analyze points of view in the central text.
- In this lesson students answer a series of text-dependent questions after a close reading of a new chapter in the text.
- In this lesson, students continue to practice gathering evidence from the text to support their understanding of character point of view.
- In this lesson students begin to gather evidence to analyze the point of view of each of the narrators in the text.
- In this lesson students begin to analyze characters by examining their point of view.
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...