Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.7.9
- Reading Literature
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period as a means of understanding how authors of fiction use or alter history.
- In this assessment students plan their two-voice poem.
- In this lesson students gather textual evidence from both the novel and information text to begin preparing for their two-voice poems.
- This lesson gives students background information that helps them better understand Nya’s story. It includes the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment, which evaluates students’ ability to explain how and why the...
- In this lesson students analyze the author's use or alteration of historical information in the novel.
- In this lesson students compare the historical accounts of the Sudanese civil war in informational text to accounts in the novel.
- This lesson serves as the transition between exploring whether or not to raise the AAP’s screen time recommendation to endorsing one side or the other. Today’s lesson allows for some reflection in...
- This lesson centers on comparing the risks and benefits of entertainment screen time, and a large portion is devoted to this cognitive task. In Work Time A, students grapple with the risks and...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...