Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: RL.9-10.2
- Reading Literature
- Key Ideas and Details
- State Standard:
- Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze in detail its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.
- Students develop these close reading skills as they examine Shakespeare’s Macbeth. They also continue to develop their oral presentation and argument writing skills through a series of activities...
- In this unit, students read Martin Luther King’s “Letter From A Birmingham Jail” alongside three short poems, focusing on how King develops his argument for direct action on civil rights. Students...
- In the third unit of Module 1, students develop and continue to solidify the skills and practices of close reading, vocabulary acquisition, participation in diverse discussions, and evidence...
- In this unit, students revisit and further develop many of the foundational skills, practices, and routines that they explored in Unit 1: close reading, annotating text, vocabulary acquisition, and...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to many of the foundational skills, practices, and routines that they build upon and strengthen throughout the unit: close reading, annotating...
- In Unit 9.2.2, students read the Greek tragedy Oedipus the King. The longest text in the module, Oedipus the King allows students to analyze how multiple central ideas are developed and refined...
- In Unit 9.2.1, students analyze the development and refinement of common central ideas in Edgar Allan Poe’s short story “The Tell-Tale Heart” and Emily Dickinson’s poem “I felt a Funeral, in my Brain...
- In this unit, students will continue to practice and refine routines such as close reading, annotation, identification of evidence, and participation in collaborative discussions. Students will study...
- In this unit, students will be introduced to skills, practices, and routines that will be used on a regular basis in the ELA classroom throughout the year: close reading, annotating text,...