Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.11-12.1.a
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Come to discussions prepared, having read and researched material under study; explicitly draw on that preparation by referring to evidence from texts and other research on the topic or issue to stimulate a thoughtful, well-reasoned exchange of ideas.
- In this Grade 12 Literary Criticism Module, students read and analyze Toni Morrison’s novel Song of Solomon, as they continue to build the skills required to craft strong informative essays and...
- In this 12th grade module, students read, discuss, and analyze four literary texts, focusing on the development of interrelated central ideas within and across the texts. The mains texts in this...
- In Module 12.3, students engage in an inquiry-based, iterative research process that serves as the basis of a culminating research-based argument paper. Building on work with evidence-based analysis...
- Over the course of Module 12.2, students practice and refine their informative writing and speaking and listening skills through formative assessments, and apply these skills in the Mid-Unit and End-...
- In the first unit of Module 12.1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading and evidence-based writing and discussion, and engage regularly in the critical...
- In this lesson, students participate in a jigsaw discussion to analyze 4 sections of text from chapter 11 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X. In these passages, Malcolm fully embraces the teachings of...
- Module 12.1 includes a shared focus on text analysis and narrative writing. Students read, discuss, and analyze two nonfiction personal narratives, focusing on how the authors use structure, style,...