Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.11-12.3
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric, assessing the stance, premises, links among ideas, word choice, points of emphasis, and tone used.
- In this lesson, students continue their analysis of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton." Students read and discuss paragraphs 6–7 (from "The right is ours. The question now is" through "until by...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 2–3 of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton" (from "None of these points, however important they may be" to "yet have wind enough to sustain life...
- In this first lesson of the unit, students are introduced to "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady Stanton argues that women should have the right to vote. Following a masterful...