Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.11-12.3
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric, assessing the stance, premises, links among ideas, word choice, points of emphasis, and tone used.
- In this module, students read, discuss, and analyze literary and informational texts, focusing on how authors use word choice and rhetoric to develop ideas, and advance their points of view and...
- In Module 11.3, students engage in an inquiry-based, iterative process for research. Building on work with evidence-based analysis in Modules 11.1 and 12.2, students explore topics that have multiple...
- In this first lesson of the unit, students are introduced to "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady Stanton argues that women should have the right to vote. Following a masterful...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 2–3 of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton" (from "None of these points, however important they may be" to "yet have wind enough to sustain life...
- In this lesson, students continue their analysis of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton." Students read and discuss paragraphs 6–7 (from "The right is ours. The question now is" through "until by...
- In this unit, students read and analyze two texts that explore issues of agency and identity for women in America. Students begin by reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady...
- In Module 12.3, students engage in an inquiry-based, iterative research process that serves as the basis of a culminating research-based argument paper. Building on work with evidence-based analysis...