Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: SL.4.4
- Speaking & Listening
- Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience in an organized manner, using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main ideas or themes; speak clearly at an understandable pace.
- READING CLOSELY TO EXPAND UNDERSTANDING OF ADAPTATIONS This lesson serves as the bridge between Lesson 2, when students learned about various trades, and Lesson 4, when students apply for a job doing...
- Writing a Public Service Announcement: Planning the Opinion and Reasons
- Writing a Public Service Announcement: Planning and Drafting a PSA about the Importance of Voting
- Writing a Public Service Announcement: Revising a PSA about the Importance of Voting
- Writing a Public Service Announcement: Presenting a PSA about the Importance of Voting
- Ideas Supported by Reason and Evidence: Introducing the Performance Task, A Voting PSA
- In this unit, students will be introduced to their performance task for this module, a Public Service Announcement (PSA) about the importance of voting. This unit connects students’ study of the...
- Performance Task: Practicing and Participating in a Poet’s Performance
- Defining our Classroom Community
- Connecting Two Informational Texts on a Similar Topic
- “Birth of the Haudenosaunee”: The Creation of a Nation
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...