Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.5.1.a
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Come to discussions prepared, having read or studied required material; explicitly draw on that preparation and other information known about the topic to explore ideas under discussion.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Inventions That Changed People’s Lives In this eight-week module, students learn about new or improved technologies that have been developed to...
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- DRAFTING INDIVIDUAL READERS THEATER SCRIPTS FOR A SPECIFIC SCENE: NARROWING TEXT FOR OUR READERS THEATER SCRIPTS In advance: Have students’ UDHR category cards and Esperanza Rising novels, with...
- LAUNCHING READERS THEATER GROUPS: IDENTIFYING PASSAGES FROM ESPERANZA RISING FOR READERS THEATER THAT CONNECT TO THE UDHR Prepare for Teacher Model (use pages 46-47 from Esperanza Rising) Note that...