Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.7.1
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 7 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
- In this lesson students begin to analyze characters by examining their point of view.
- In this lesson students begin to read the central text and learn some of the close reading strategies that will be used throughout the model. In this lesson they practice reading for gist.
- In this lesson students are introduced to the topic of the module through a map of South Sudan in the central text, A Long Walk to Water.
- Setting A Purpose for Research: Introduction to Media Literacy
- World Café about Pygmalion
- Drawing Inferences: “My Own True Name”
- Analyzing the Central Ideas, Part 2: “The Border”
- Overview These English Language Arts/Literacy Units empower students with critical reading and writing skills at the heart of the Common Core: analyzing and writing evidence-based arguments. This...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- Overview This English Language Arts /Literacy Unit empower students with a critical reading and writing skill at the heart of the Common Core: Reading complex texts closely to analyze textual...
- Working with Evidence: Working Conditions Then and Now In this module, students explore the issue of working conditions, both historical and modern day. As they read and discuss both literary and...
- Overview Making Evidence-Based Claims ELA/Literacy Units empower students with a critical reading and writing skill at the heart of the Common Core: making evidence-based claims about complex texts...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...