Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: SL.7.2
- Speaking & Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- State Standard:
- Analyze the main ideas and supporting details presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how the ideas clarify a topic, text, or issue under study.
- In this lesson, students complete the series of lessons that have helped them prepare their research for both a Fishbowl discussion (in Lessons 14 and 15) and the eventual position paper/essay in...
- This lesson continues to draw upon students’ use of video and text to clarify the issue of water sustainability. In addition, students review their homework and check their thinking based on text-...
- In this lesson, students answer text-dependent questions on Paragraphs 10–12 of “Water Is Life.” The homework assignment on Paragraphs 13 and 14 is a continuation of this close reading, so it is...
- This lesson introduces students to Module 4: “Water Is Life.” Students consider questions about water use and then participate in a modified Gallery Walk to preview and connect the learning that will...
- This lesson is the Mid-Unit 1 Assessment, which centers on SL.7.2 and RI. 7.7. Students are given an opportunity to practice with a partner before the assessment begins.
- This lesson focuses on SL.7.2, a standard that students have not worked with in other modules. Although analyzing the main idea and supporting details is not a new skill, applying it to the video...
- "Students return to the article “Teens and Decision Making” for the final time in this lesson. This lesson opens with students self-assessing their ability to analyze the main idea and supporting...
- This lesson introduces students to Module 4A: This Is Your Brain—Plugged In. Students consider a short video and then participate in a modified Gallery Walk to preview and connect the learning that...
- Determining Central Ideas: Media Literacy
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...