Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: SL.9-10.6
- Speaking & Listening
- Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas
- State Standard:
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
- This English Language Arts Common Core video features 10th grade students from Glen Cove High School in Glen Cove, NY. In this lesson students participate in a socratic seminar and demonstrate the...
- In this optional lesson students present their arguments from the previous lesson as oral presentations to small groups of peers.
- Students develop these close reading skills as they examine Shakespeare’s Macbeth. They also continue to develop their oral presentation and argument writing skills through a series of activities...
- In this module, students read, discuss, and analyze nonfiction and dramatic texts, focusing on how the authors convey and develop central ideas concerning imbalance, disorder, tragedy, mortality, and...
- In this lesson students will analyze and present the second portion of the informational text “How Bernard Madoff Did It” paragraphs 8–10. The goal in this lesson is for students to participate and...
- In Unit 9.2.3, students read “True Crime: The roots of an American obsession,” an article from Newsweek that examines humanity’s relationship with guilt; “How Bernard Madoff Did It,” a book review of...
- Working with Evidence and Making Claims: How Do Authors Structure Texts and Develop Ideas? In this module, students engage with literature and nonfiction texts that develop central ideas of guilt,...