Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.11-12.5
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- State Standard:
- Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on addressing what is most significant for a specific purpose and audience.
- In this unit, students read and analyze two texts that explore issues of agency and identity for women in America. Students begin by reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady...
- In the first unit of Module 11.2, students analyze two seminal texts about African Americans in post-Emancipation America. Students begin this unit by reading "Of Our Spiritual Strivings," the first...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 11–12 of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton" (from "It is the wise mother that has the wise son" to "so in her elevation shall the race be...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 8–9 of Booker T. Washington’s "Atlanta Compromise Speech" (from "Gentlemen of the Exposition, as we present to you" to "the opportunity to spend a...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 13–14 of "Of Our Spiritual Strivings" from The Souls of Black Folk (from "Merely a concrete test of the underlying principles" to "listen to the...
- In this module, students read, discuss, and analyze literary texts, focusing on the authors’ choices in developing and relating textual elements such as character development, point of view, and...
- In Module 11.3, students engage in an inquiry-based, iterative process for research. Building on work with evidence-based analysis in Modules 11.1 and 12.2, students explore topics that have multiple...
- In this module, students read, discuss, and analyze literary and informational texts, focusing on how authors use word choice and rhetoric to develop ideas, and advance their points of view and...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze lines 34–43 from “My Last Duchess,” in which the Duke states that he never “stooped” to blame the Duchess for her actions. Students focus on relevant and...
- In the first unit of Module 1, students are introduced to the skills, practices, and routines of close reading, annotating text, and evidence-based discussion and writing, especially through text-...
- Overview These English Language Arts/Literacy Units empower students with critical reading and writing skills at the heart of the Common Core: analyzing and writing evidence-based arguments. This...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...