Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.3.2
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- REVISING: STRONG CONCLUSIONS FOR MY ACCESSING BOOKS AROUND THE WORLD INFORMATIVE PARAGRAPH During the Open Revision Time, consider pulling small groups of students with similar needs for extra...
- REVISING: DEVELOPING TOPIC SENTENCES FOR THE ACCESSING BOOKS AROUND THE WORLD INFORMATIVE PARAGRAPH Use strong models of topic sentences and detail for Work Time Parts A and B. A paragraph model is...
- WRITING A FIRST DRAFT: ACCESSING BOOKS AROUND THE WORLD INFORMATIVE PARAGRAPH Use the model provided, or create another one if appropriate. Be sure to use the same model paragraph throughout this...
- PARAGRAPH WRITING ABOUT WAITING FOR THE BIBLIOBURRO Note that students plan and write a paragraph in this lesson. This is simply routine writing, not a formal assessment.
- In this unit, students will explore how geography impacts readers’ access to books. All instruction in this unit builds toward the final performance task for the module: an informative “Accessing...
- MID-UNIT 2 ASSESSMENT: ON-DEMAND INFORMATIONAL WRITING Copy the Mid-Unit 2 Assessment writing prompt for each student. Students will need their completed Accordion graphic organizers (from Lesson 6).
- In this second unit, students will explore their own “powers of reading” that help them access text. In the first half of the unit, students will explore fictional accounts of people who worked hard...
- This lesson is the first formal writing instruction in Module 1. Emphasize to students that writing is more than just organizing their ideas or editing for conventions. In order to write well about...
- In this lesson, minimal instruction is given on paragraph writing before students write their own. This is a purposeful move, as it is designed to be a pre-assessment to be used to inform instruction...
- This module uses literature and informational text such as My Librarian Is a Camel to introduce students to the power of literacy and how people around the world access books. This module is...