Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.3.2.a
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Introduce a topic and group related information together; include illustrations when useful to aiding comprehension.
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- This module focuses on a deep study of the classic tale Peter Pan. Students will consider the guiding question: How do writers capture a reader’s imagination?
- Writing a First Draft: Facts and Image Side of the Freaky Frog Trading Card In advance: Review the Module 2A Performance Task (in module level documents or on EngageNY.org) to have a clear vision of...
- This lesson provides heavier scaffolding in preparing to write, and Lesson 5 provides more time for students to work independently on drafting. Work that is not completed in Lesson 4 can continue...
- Students’ independent drafting time is broken up by receiving feedback of their paragraph’s structure from their writing partner. Students should use this feedback to revise their current writing and...
- This is the last lesson that prepares students to begin their writing for the performance task. In this lesson, students compose their closing paragraphs for their Japan letter. This lesson will...