Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.3.4
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- State Standard:
- With guidance and support from adults, produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose. (Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in standards 1–3 above.)
- In the final unit for this module, students bring their knowledge of the challenges of water to a focus on the solutions. Students develop an opinion about the “one thing” that should be done to...
- For this unit, students will build their knowledge of the challenges of access, pollution, and demands on water. Students first will research each challenge as a class, finding the key information...
- In this unit, students will apply their careful reading of Peter Pan to write about the book. Students first will practice summary writing and write a brief summary of the Classic Starts edition of...
- In Unit 2, students will look at Peter Pan through the lens of a writer. They will examine the author’s craft, specifically the use of dialogue and how the author uses vivid language to describe...
- In this unit, students write and illustrate a narrative about a problem faced by real wolves, based on problems they identified in Unit 2 in the informational text Face to Face with Wolves. Students...
- In this final unit, students continue to explore the question: “How do authors learn and share their knowledge on a topic?” Students also expand their expertise as writers by crafting a research-...
- CULMINATING PROJECT: FREAKY FROG TRADING CARDS In this final unit, students will continue to explore the question: “How do we build expertise about a topic?” as they share their growing expertise...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...