Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.3.4
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- State Standard:
- With guidance and support from adults, produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose. (Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in standards 1–3 above.)
- In this lesson, you model the process of gathering research on customs and traditions. Students both observe and participate. They have a chance to record information on both customs and traditions.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Connecting Literary and Informational Texts to Study Culture “Then and Now” In this module, students will use literacy skills to build expertise—...
- Final Revision: Using Feedback and Criteria In Lesson 7, students completed an exit ticket about their successes and challenges in writing their first draft. Exit tickets serve as a formative...
- Planning Writing: Generating Criteria and Making a Plan for the Paragraph Side of the Freaky Frog Trading Card The research-based narrative paragraph that students write for the back of their Freaky...
- This module focuses on the importance of clean freshwater around the world. Using the children’s book One Well: The Story of Water on Earth as an anchor text, this unit builds on the background...
- This module focuses on a deep study of the classic tale Peter Pan. Students will consider the guiding question: How do writers capture a reader’s imagination?
- CULMINATING PROJECT: FREAKY FROG TRADING CARDS In this final unit, students will continue to explore the question: “How do we build expertise about a topic?” as they share their growing expertise...
- Case Study: Reading to Build Expertise about Freaky Frogs In Unit 2, students will continue to develop their skills through careful reading of informational texts. Class members will extend their...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LEARNING TO BECOME AN EXPERT (ABOUT FROGS) In this first unit, students will begin to learn how experts build knowledge as they consider what makes a frog a frog and...
- Please Note: The central text for Grade 3 module 2A, Bullfrog at Magnolia Circle, is currently available and in stock from American Reading Company (http://www.americanreading.com/), which has...
- This module uses literature and informational text such as My Librarian Is a Camel to introduce students to the power of literacy and how people around the world access books. This module is...