Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.4.2
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Mid-Unit 3 Assessment: Drafting a Historical Fiction Narrative based on Expert Trades In this assessment student write a draft of a historical fiction narratives based on their planning in the...
- Planning a Historical Fiction Narrative Based on Expert Trades In this lesson students plan their own historical fiction narratives based on their research about their selected colonial trade from...
- Drafting a Historical Fiction Narrative: The Wheelwright In this lesson students continue their shared writing as a class to learn how to write a historical fiction narrative by drafting a narrative...
- Practice Planning a Historical Narrative: The Wheelwright In this lesson students learn to plan a historical fiction narrative as a class through a shared writing experience with the wheelwright.
- In this module, students will read, write, and speak about the topic of voting rights and responsibilities. In the first two units, students will read informational texts that focus on the women’s...
- CULMINATING PROJECT: RESEARCH-BASED NARRATIVE ABOUT AN EVENT IN COLONIAL AMERICA In Unit 3, students continue building their research skills as they deepen their knowledge about colonial life,...
- SYNTHESIZING INFORMATION: WRITING AN APPRENTICE WANTED AD Students will need all their notes on their selected trade (the Colonial Trade Research note- catchers from Lessons 8 and 12 and their...
- SUMMARIZING AND SYNTHESIZING: PLANNING FOR WRITING AN APPRENTICE WANTED AD This lesson is the first of two lessons that build up to students’ Apprentice Wanted ads. Be sure that students understand...
- MID-UNIT 2 ASSESSMENT: INFERRING ABOUT THE SILVERSMITH TRADE IN COLONIAL TIMES Students will be assessed on being able to locate specific information, sort the information into categories, answer an...
- SHARED READING: LEARNING ABOUT COLONIAL TRADES In this lesson, each student reads about at least two colonial trades to build their knowledge about Colonial America. This lesson is designed to...
- READING CLOSELY TO EXPAND UNDERSTANDING OF ADAPTATIONS This lesson serves as the bridge between Lesson 2, when students learned about various trades, and Lesson 4, when students apply for a job doing...
- CASE STUDY: CONDUCTING RESEARCH ON COLONIAL AMERICANS In the second unit, students further develop their ability to comprehend informational text by hearing and reading a variety of nonfiction...
- PARAGRAPH WRITING: THE ROLE OF RELIGION IN COLONIAL AMERICA This lesson builds on students’ background knowledge with writing strong paragraphs that they developed during Module 1. For their writing...